27 November 2011

joy




Happy days are ahead!  I just made this fabric advent calendar for Christmas using an old yellow check tablecloth, some colourful seersucker scrap fabric for the pockets, and some stick on felt numbers.  I didn't use a pattern, and I am not very even with my sewing but I think that adds to the fun.  It is for Christmas after all!
I'm now looking forward to filling it with treats for my fiancé.
And that is the other very happy exciting news.  We got engaged on our recent overseas holiday, a very romantic spontaneous proposal in Bordeaux, France.  Oh la la!
Here is a pic of the ring - a very pale blue sapphire with some tiny diamonds in the band. Happy days indeed!!


1 comment:

twirlingbetty said...

Oh my good gracious - that is the most stunning ring. I just adore that pale blue. Huge congratulations on your engagement - tres romantique, non? Such joy lies ahead...xxx